• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is telling me lies

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certain files that are saved on my Adobe Illustrator has a gray cloud sign in right bottom corner. What's more, every time I'm trying to open that kind of file I see very strange information 'Can't open the file, The account you signed in with doesn't have access to this file. Contact the owner for more info' but... I'm the owner. Can somebody please tell me what is going on and why Ai keep on doing that cause I'm starting to lose my mind... Zrzut ekranu 2022-12-22 o 15.59.59.pngZrzut ekranu 2022-12-22 o 16.12.29.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

It's because AI is showing recent files for the application, not spefically the account.

If you log in using your school account, I'm guessing they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you only have one Adobe CC account? Are you logged into that account in the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I do and I tried: logging out and re-logging in; as well as uninstalling Ai app and re-installing the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you view and try to open the files through the CC app?

DougARoberts_0-1671723583705.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I can't see them in CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any possible way they could have been created with a different Adobe CC account to the one you're using now?

What happens if you click on the cloud symbol on the file preview and select 'make available offline'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a project I made on my classes so there's a 1% chance that it could be created on my school's account but I really don't think so because every time when I'm on these classes I log in to my own account. I'm going to school today's evening so I will check it. But if so, if I really forgot to switch the account, why do I see this file on my account? If the file was created on another account I shouldn't see it on mine, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might still exist as recent documents for Illustrator even if you change CC accounts. 'Recent documents' info is stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because AI is showing recent files for the application, not spefically the account.

If you log in using your school account, I'm guessing they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I hover the cloud symbol there's an information 'Online-only' (but I'm online...) and when I click on it I see the info 'Can't open the file, The account you signed in with doesn't have access to this file. Contact the owner for more info' again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means the files are online only not you. Access with your school account and you should be able to access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright then, thank you so much guys for help and for your precious time 🙂
I'm going today to school so I will check it and we'll see. Cross your fingers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to assets.adobe.com - do you see your files listed in the cloud documents tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm here and I don't see those files:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means that another account was logged in when they were created.

Is it possible that you have another email address you could have used or another user created these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a project I made on my classes so there's a 1% chance that it could be created on my school's account but I really don't think so because every time when I'm on these classes I log in to my own account. I'm going to school today's evening so I will check it. But if so, if I really forgot to switch the account, why do I see this file on my account? If the file was created on another account I shouldn't see it on mine, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines