• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator issues with crashing

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my illustrator recently crashed causing a file I spent hours on to not save. This file wasnt saved at all (my mistake!)

The ai created tmp files. One has 80.7 MB so I'm hopeing as a last resort if any information is on it. Although I think its corrupted.

When I open the file it says it was aved without PDF content. It says it should be saved in ai using Create PDF Compatible File option turned on although I cant seem to find this.

Has anyone had a similiar experience to this and can possibly shed some light on what to do?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is one of those "There's bad news and then there's really bad news" scenarios.  There simply is no way to recover such data even if seemingly something is there. As bad as it so8unds, it would be a more productive use of your time to simpyl start over instead of hoping someoen can recover your work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium already wrote: start over.

But before you start over: come up with a file saving and backup strategy. If you cannot remember to save files, install the plugin Autosaviour Free. It will remind you.

And then make backups. Lots of them. Save regularly. Don't rely on automatic things ever. But getting and running something like Time Machine (I don't know what could be run on a PC instead) won't hurt either.

And then start over.

Maybe @Anshul_Saini can give your temp file a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @chante81277258,

Sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. If you still have the temp file, please share it with me via DM, and I will try my best to get it recovered.

Also, I would encourage sharing the crash report with us by the following steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). This helps us improve product stability and performance.

Thanks, @Monika Gause, for tagging me on posts like this. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines