• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator issues with opening and exporting files on MacBook M1 Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I have recently bought a MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro with 16Gb ram running Monterey 12.3.1.

I have the latest version of Illustrator (26.2.1).

When I have more than 2 files open, Illustrator is slow to load subsequent files. 

When I export an Illustrator file to a png or jpeg image using File > Export > Export as... I get a spinning beach ball and it takes 5-6 minutes before Illustreator manages to export the file.

Looking in Activity Monitor it shows Illustrator as not responding (see screenshot).

My older MacBook Pro (which I sold to get a better performing machinbe!) would have handled this without skipping a beat - any suggestions?!

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and reset the preferences, reset the OOBE folder, or uninstall, run the Cleaner tool and reinstall.

Also you could contact Customer Care and have them take a look into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply - for the record, I ended up removing Creative Cloud and all Adobe Apps plus I used the cleaner tool and reinstalled my apps again. Sadly the problem is still there (beach ball spinning for several minutes and Activity Monitor reporting that Illustrator is not responding). Next I'll try Adobe Customer Care...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kinzoid,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• Where are you exporting the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are you facing a delay while exporting a specific document or all? 
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines