• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keep opening after hiding it from title bar

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to hide the Illustrator app (using the top menu) Illustrator > Hide Illustrator, it hides for a second or two then reappears full screen, I usually have to Hide 2 or 3 times, sometimes up to 6 times.

I can't find anyone having similar issues, I've had this for months and it's a nightmare!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to share some more information like:

• OS and version of Illustrator?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way, all your old settings will be saved in .old folders, and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me.  I've had no luck figuring out why it happens.  Sometimes I let go of the mouse really quickly to trick it into thinking I'm not watching anymore lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @c-roberto78,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines