• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing ever since this weeks update

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the update this past week my Illustrator keeps crashing early on due to very simple things. Draggin an image, draggin a text. Has anyone experienced this? And, if yes, what is the workaround?

I've deleted and installed the app twice and it keeps happening.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Hi @manzandan @claracohen ,

I understand crashes are frustrating. There could be multiple reasons (hardware software, connection, etc.) why an app would crash. 

We have fixed a few issues in the build mentioned above. We will rollout the fix in the 26.0.1 release as soon as we get confirmation from users that this issue is fixed.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and crash details we can't really tell you much, but the usual troubleshooting would apply: Start by checking your hardware acceleration settings and update and configure your system's graphics driver properly if possible. For anything more actual info would be required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request you to please confirm which operating system (Exact version of Windows/ MAC) is this?
Also, please submit the crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html.

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Once done, please try installing version 26.0.1 from the prerelease section and check if that helps resolve this issue.

Here are the steps:

1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease - https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
  2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
  3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
  4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.1 (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having the same problem' in photoshop and Illustrator.

Crashing every 5 min and not saving anything.

why to we need to update the apps if it's not compatible on every computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @manzandan @claracohen ,

I understand crashes are frustrating. There could be multiple reasons (hardware software, connection, etc.) why an app would crash. 

We have fixed a few issues in the build mentioned above. We will rollout the fix in the 26.0.1 release as soon as we get confirmation from users that this issue is fixed.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to my TED Talk:

Same here... have already had 12 crashes since starting work 2 hours ago. (Windows 10) Reinstalled, updated drivers, checked every setting mentioned, prayed, cried, and everything else. The workaround I've seen thrown around is "Install the previous version, and you should be fine..." which only makes me question why they would roll out an update

that's buggy, and has people up in arms; then stay quiet about it and offer no actual/valid solutions... Yet here we all are, 

ever paying more and more, for crappier and crappier customer service.

End of rant. 

(Using the previous version is the way to go if you need a quick fix.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed the version .26 of the Adobe Illustration, I cannot open it. Every time turns off unexpectedly. Not sure what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Does it happen while working on a specific file or performing a specific task?

Additionally, please try the suggestions given on this help article & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please confirm which operating system (Exact version of Windows/ MAC) is this? 
Does it gives any crash report? If yes, please submit the crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html 
While submitting the crash, report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Once done, please try installing version 26.0.1 from pre-release section and check if that helps resolving this issue. Here are steps:
  1.  If you are not already part of Illustrator Prerelease program then please click this link to join the prerelease - https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
  2.  Accept Prerelease Agreement
  3.  Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
  4.  Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.1 (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines