• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing when rendering 3d

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi when I am rendering in 3d with raytracing on high my application keeps crashing. I don't know what the problem is as I have a pretty good pc and I have rendered on Illustrator using ray tracing before. I suspect that it has something to do with my gpu not being used when I render. For some reason, task manager only shows my cpu on 100% while my gpu is on 0% during ray tracing render. Can someone please help? My computer wasn't always like this.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using a Windows-based PC, right? Which Windows OS are you running? What are the hardware specs of your computer (CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, etc)? Are you running the latest updated driver for your video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Windows 10, I already uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator, and my pc is pretty good. I have a Nvidia 3060ti, ryzen 5 5600x, 48gbs of ram at 3600mhz, 500gbs nvme 2.0, 2tbs hdd. The file I attached shows my task manager it looks like the renders are only using CPU and using a ton of power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a gaming driver? Try the studio driver instead.

How is color management set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the studio driver but my question is does illustrator only use cpu for raytracing rendering because it is not using any gpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator does utilitze GPUs to accelerate a variety of tasks, including 3D rendering. Animated zoom uses the GPU. On my Alienware notebook I even get animated zoom in outline view. Normally GPU Performance is turned on by default, if a compatiable graphics chip/board is installed. Have you checked Preferences in Illustrator? Press Ctrl+K or go to the Edit menu and click Preferences at the bottom of the menu. Under the "Performance" category it should list if GPU Performance is turned on and if your computer system has a compatible GPU available. I'm pretty certain a RTX-3060Ti would be supported. Is the driver for your card up to date? The latest Studio driver is version 531.61 released on April 13. Open The GeForce Experience application and click the Drivers tab. If you don't have the latest driver installed already it should alert you that it is available to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @fluencii,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110), as suggested by Bobby & Monika, and checking if it helps?

Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines