• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the newest version of Illustrator and now when ever I try to open a file it pops up with a crash report. I have tried logging out, uninstalling, restarting, downloading old versions and nothing has helped yet.

Side note: Photoshop had been doing the same thing and it has stopped now, so strange.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Is this a new computer or did you have any old version previously?

Any third party plugins?

Any corrupt fonts?

Do you have a Wacom or any other specific gear attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same computer and I have been using the Ai and Photoshop without any issues all year until the last update. I have creative cloud and did the last update and now Ai crashes whenever I try to open a file or create a new file.

I have no idea what your other questions mean, sorry I am not that advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Photoshop is back to crashing as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clairessew82537735  schrieb

I have no idea what your other questions mean, sorry I am not that advanced.

You should be able to tell if there is a Wacom tablet?

And is this Mac or Windows? Which system exactly? Windows 10, Mac Mojave?

And since ot creashes when opening or creating files: do you have a printer attached? This one is important. Illustrator wants a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. Anytime I open an Illustrator or Photoshop file it crashes. I am using a Dell XPS 13 that is running windows 10. I updated the system and BiOs recently thinking that it may be contributing to the problem with no luck. All of my apps are up to date.

I have had issues with Adobe compatibility with new Windows updates before, but this started before the most recent update. Indesign is working fine.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielkleindesign  schrieb

Was this ever resolved?

Well, I never even had this problem ...

It's Friday. And if you want a quick approach, you might want to contact Support directly and immediately.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ana,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Google Drive/ Dropbox/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Please share the crash report(Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002! )
  • Event Viewer Logs related to Illustrator:

event viewer.png

• You may also try the resetting preferences. Steps are shared here.

Please note: Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folder in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF. illustrator has been crashing every single release i have ever known. Surely you need to sort this ASAP. you need to re architect these products - completely. how many reports have you received from me/from customers all over the world? when customers are crying out for work to be done, guess what, your programs crash. Not profssional. come on sort this once and for all and stop asking us to fix the issues, in a buried self service community mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your system to sort this out.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

You need to be logged in to your Adobe ID and at the bottom right there is the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useless link, bad customer support and bad product. Adobe seems to be run by marketing wizards that demand constant updates and not a reliable product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines