• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the latest version, restarted my laptop, updated everything that I could, deleted preferences and nothing works. The program keeps crashing after using it for 5 minutes. I don't know what to do. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aleksander2397216473f1 I'm sorry to hear about the problem. Can you let us know what your system specs are? OS, available memory, disk space, and so on. Also, did you try reverting to the previous version of Illustrator if you were stable there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply, my os is windows 11, available space 15,4 gb ram,  NVIDIA geforce rtx 3050. Yes I have tried reverting to older versions but it did not work. Using safe mode also did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. If you only have 15 GB of available disk space (or 15%?) and 4 GB of RAM, you are using the bare minimums to run the program. A few things to try. Under Help > System Compatibility Report, what does it show? Make sure your GeForce card is running with the latest driver. See if you can free up a lot more disk space by moving files to an external or cloud drive. Don't run any other programs except for Illustrator, even fully quitting Creative Cloud desktop. Using Task Manager, end all other Creative Cloud programs. In Preferences > Performance, turn off GPU Performance and Animated Zoom. Uncheck Real-Time Drawing and Editing. Close and reopen Illustrator. If these things don't help, it might be that you'll need to update your computer. Please let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I must have said it wrong. My laptop has 16 GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's much better, great. Did you try any of the other suggestions, including shutting down everything else and turning off GPU Performance? Are you still crashing after 5 minutes? Windows 11 compatibility is important, so be sure you are running the latest version, which is currently the build released on March 28, 2022, Version 21H2; 22000.593.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Aleksander2397216473f1,

Sorry to hear about the experience. I hope the suggestions made by Jain helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly provide a few additional details like:

• Exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the link to download the file here or via DM.
  • Is this happening after performing a specific action (save/copy/print/export etc.) or using a particular feature/tool/effects?
  • Kindly submit the Crash Report by following the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, kindly follow the steps provided in this article and share your observations with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines