• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acer Aspire laptop often crashes when I work on multiple AI files. Might need a better HDMI cable. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDMI cable are you using an external monitor? If so please provide specs. Are you using the video port on back or something like a Kensington hub to send the signal to the external monitor. Does it crash when using the laptop alone? Did you updates your video drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I am using an external Acer LCD monitor and plugged into its HDMI port. Yes, I've updated the drivers, reset the AI preferences, run a variety of system scans, done numerous reboots.

I haven't noticed the program crashing when using my laptop alone, but the screen is so small that I find it difficult to do detailed work for more than a few minutes without connecting to the monitor. Typically, the program crashes after about half an hour.

When Illustrator crashes, both my laptop and external monitor show psychedelic patterns. Sometimes the laptop crackles loudly. Then either my laptop automatically reboots or the laptop screen goes black until I manually reboot.

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheila,

We are sorry to hear about the crashing and display issues you are facing. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html)?

If it doesn't help, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version/ build no of the operating system?
  • Please submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.

Also, would you mind confirming the laptop & Acer Monitor model number along with the HDMI version of the cable (HDMI v2/2.1/1.4)?

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to submit a crash report next time Illustrator crashes. Meanwhile, here are my Acer laptop details:
Device name LAPTOP-BBCK2N6M
Processor   11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM     12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)
Device ID   7FAC89F6-B646-4311-AAC3-982E22D0348C
Product ID  00325-96731-94005-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch     Pen support

The only info I can find for my HDMI cable is that it is an HDMI high speed ethernet 30 V cable.

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details, Sheila. Please submit the crash report and try the steps suggested in the help article I shared above if the issue persists.

Please feel free to reach out if the crash persists or if you run into any other issues. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines