• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps on crashing

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a new file, (nothing crazy 1080px canvas 72 dpi) I start my design and the app just closes. Openned the app again after saying to myself WTF, I got the popup asking to recover the file because Ai crashed, recovering process got stuck, I had to close it with the task manager. Tried second time, same, third time, same, fourth time had enough and didn't recovered started again, same size, start desiging and Ai just closes. I Reinstalled the AI, didnt work, restarted the pc, nothing. Tried opening different old files, same, illustrator just closes, and when I try to open again the program it doesnt even ask me anymore about recovering. I don't know what's happening

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator keeps crashing too - all morning I have had this issue. I just updated my program on Friday - how about you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just install the latest update?

Try deleting your prefs.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling with the cleaner tool, then re-install.

helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete my preferences please? Or can I just delete the latest update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @danielav7555175,

We are sorry for the trouble. There are multiple reports regarding crashes. Users see a process bar, and Illustrator freezes or crashes then. Do you see similar behaviour at your end? If yes, would you mind sharing a few details like:

Also, @laurav32853438 recently contacted the support team and resetting Illustrator preferences resolved the issue for him. If that doesn't help, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines