• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keyboard shortcuts lagging

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on AI ver 25.3.1 on a new M1 Mac Mini with 16GB of memory, and the lag on these shortcuts is ruining my workflow!  I've tried turning off dictation, GPU, everthing else that seems to be proposed to no avail.  Please help!!!!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the illustrator preferences settings then restarting your Mac ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have solved it!  Thank you so much.  As i continue working, I'll have a better idea if it's persisting or not, but for now it seems good!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you have any other suggestions to the below solution? My keyboard lags when using shortcuts for Illustrator. Restarting Illustrator seems to help but then the problem comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have anything instlled that interferes with the modifier keys? Unfortunately a lot of apps are known to do that. Starting weith the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @RunForestRun,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand you're encountering difficulties using shortcuts in Illustrator, and I'm here to help.

I agree with what Monika said. It's not uncommon for users to experience issues with shortcut keys, and it's often due to a third-party app or background process automatically starting running at system startup.

A good first step would be to try restarting your Mac and then resetting the Illustrator preferences to see if that resolves the issue. If that doesn't help, would you mind running Illustrator in Safe Mode (Mac/ Windows) and launching the Ai app only to test whether the option + arrow keys are working or not?

I hope these suggestions help, but if not, would you mind confirming your system details and the exact version of OS & Illustrator? Also, please confirm if you are using a Bluetooth keyboard and if there are other Bluetooth accessories connected to your machine.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines