• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Layers Palette is stuck "Layers (Opacity Mask)" after adding gradient mask

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue (10 years later!). I have copied the original post below so you can see the issue. I can edit the mask using the answer suggested but I cannot access/edit any of the other layers in the file. How do I deselect this "opacity mask" layer to modify other parts of the document? If I undo the layer mask all my other layers are accessible again. I don't understand what is happening here. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

-----------------------

Layers & Stuck in Opacity Mask Layer CS6

Hi,

I have two layers. Upper most with text is locked.

Bottom layer is an image I have applied a transparency/gradient mask for the raster image. Now, seems my layers palette is stuck in a mode called 'Layers (Opacity Mask)'.

Not seen this before, but this is CS6. How do I get out to the main, root level of the layers palette?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Transparency panel click on the left box to exit mask editing mode (which is the right box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton!! So simple, yet some how I missed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines