• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator loads new project with two artboards instead of one

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Illustrator 24.0.2 and I'm running into an issue where two artboards load up whenever I start a new project. Not only does it load a different artboard alongside the artboard I actually want, but they both default to show up as hidden when the new project opens up.

I figured out how to reveal the artboards, but are these preferences that can be changed for future projects? Its not too big of a deal, but it gets kind of annoying after working on many designs at a time.

beep boop.png

^ This is what I see whenever I create a new project.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Do you always work on video projects? If not, try one of the other New Document File formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you always work on video projects? If not, try one of the other New Document File formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never actually worked on/from any video projects so I'm not exactly sure how that would've occured, but creating a new project from a different print document preset seemed to do the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me too, had to Reset Preferences completely then reconfigure my settings back to what I had for actions and workspaces. No idea why this happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 2nd artboard is on there by default for the Film&Video presents, to assist with import into AE. It's so that everything inside that Artboard 2 frame gets imported all at once, without cutting off anything that might be hanging outside the bounds of the smaller individual artboards you build. Like, so that you can scale and animate the elements when you bring them into AE without having a gigantic AE file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines