Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator locks or unresponsive due to vector

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

First off I have a macbrook pro 16inch 2019 model, 2.3ghz Intel i9 with 32GB memory

I am running Big Sur and illustrator 2022 and everythign updated.

I use illustatror for creating large vector repeat patterns, the more complicated or larger files the slower it gets, and then sometimes it will hang and become "unresponsive " and yet a reset, or mac restart and it works again for a while and then stops.

I have tried alot of things, but something is causing a problem and I can't find it.

any helpers ?
many thanks in advance
Dan

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file or all? Do you work on files saved on a network location or local drive?

I'd request you to try the suggestions on this community post & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happens when I am making a rather complicated pattern repeat, the colour circle spins forever.

opening and closing the file, saving etc and then illustatror will hang.

I wouldn't say my vector is too much for it to handle, shapes and colours, textures etc nothing too big and scale wise I am drawing on an A3 artboard.

it seems to be more of  problem since the update and since I moved to a MBP, which was built with extra memory etc

I don't think this file is corrupt as I can create a new design and if it gets too big or complex the same will happen.

what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines