• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator missing links

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i have a problem with my Illustrator. I am using the version of Illustrator 2021 25.4.8. When i open my documents which has links inside, 'missing link' pop up showed up and when i click the replace button to relink it again from my harddisk or somewhere else in my computer it doesn't work. For example i opened a document with 3 same links inside and the pop up showed then i click the replace button to relink it it doesn't relink. I have tried to relink same missing object like 15 times but still doesn't work. Could you plesase help?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what doesn't work? Illustrator just does nothing? Or you replace the link and it is still marked as missing in the Links panel? Or is it missing again when you reopen the file?

Is it only this file? Or others as well?

Where are the files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The common answer of your questions is Illustrator does nothing. I click the replace button and select the missing .png or .jpeg files and nothing happens. I am replacing again and again but the document doesn't open till i click the ignore button. That happens almost all documents with links inside. It doesn't matter where the files located. It happens when files in desktop or external disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try and reset the preferences.

Since this would erase your settings, you can try and rename the preferences folder. That can be made undone in case it doesn't help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue occuring for us, now always asking for missing .png files and will constantl ask and if i click on option to 'replace all' the spinning beach ball will appear and will need to force quit because the application sstruggles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines