• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator no longer opening files

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week AI has decided to stop opening my .ai files! I've been using 26.2.1 – I have tried rolling back to different versions, reboots, reinstalls, and resetting preferences; and the problem persists. I'm just looking for other ideas please! Thanks,

MacOS Monterey 12.3.1

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Sounds like a corrupted cloud account and the prefs are still on your Mac.

OOBE RESET MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  2. The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. Option click on the GO in the mac finder to reveal the LIbrary folder.
  3. /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  4. Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

If that does not work use the use the Creative Cloud Cleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corrupted cloud account and the prefs are still on your Mac.

OOBE RESET MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  2. The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. Option click on the GO in the mac finder to reveal the LIbrary folder.
  3. /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  4. Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

If that does not work use the use the Creative Cloud Cleaner to fully remove your app & prefs then reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome.

For those with same issue: Must have been OOBE reset, as the reply back was fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this issue keeps reappearing every day. AI will work fine on the first launch. But after finishing work on a document and closing, if I open AI again, the app launches but won't open files again!

The fix described sorts this out, but I can't keep having to do this each day, surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jn81,

We are sorry to hear about this. I agree with you it is not an ideal workaround to delete folders every time the app is not opening the files. I would recommend you update to update Illustrator to v26.3.1 & macOS to v12.4, released recently. If that doesn't help, you may try turning off the GPU performance from the Illustrator preferences > performance and see if that helps.

Also, I would like to know where your files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)? If they are saved on a shared folder, external drive, or network drive, please move them to your Desktop and see if they are opening or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, it appears to be working fine this week. If the issue returns, I will try these suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines