• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not creating or opening new files

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, whenever I click on one of the default file buttons under "Start a new file fast", nothing happens. The buttons just don't respond. And whenever I click on "New file" or ctrl C, no options show up in the pop up window

Oroni228074442zaa_0-1645141125307.png

Oroni228074442zaa_1-1645141156326.png

There doesn't seem to be a way to even make my own custom document size. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried selecting "Use legacy "File New" interface" and reinstalling Illustrator, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you solve your problem ?

I have a similar problem.

When illustrator is open i can't create a new file or i can't open an existing one, even if i open one form the cloud or directly from my desktop. The colored wheels keep turning around and nothing happens, on apple menu force to quit "illustrator not responding".

Tried to uninstall reinstall, clear preferences, inherit intrerface, clear printers, etc. 

oO ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the cleaner tool to purge the install, then reinstall.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunatly i tried but it didn't work.

Tried to clear preferences from illustrator program didn't work.

I saw it could be a problem with the printers i deleted them from my computer, did'nt make anything.

Tried to add an "old" to some folders or files names as a saw it on some threads, didn't work.

I enabled to see all the files (even the shadowed or ghosted (sorry i'm french)), deleted the Illustrator preferences did'nt work either.

I have another session on my mac, on which illustrator work perfectly, i can open or create new file even on the cloud.

Don't know what to do next…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's the first time you mentioned Mac - that's the solution, create a new profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but no 🙂

I don't want to create a new session for illustrator i have allready two sessions on my computer : one personnal and one professionnal. I don't want to move everything else.

The thing is : it worked before and it should work. I think it might be a consequence of the last update.

If it works on one session but not another, despite i tried to erase all preferences files and uninstall then install illustrator again, it means there is one (or maybe more) file or folder staying hosted on this session (but not on the main computer shared ressources) that need to be killed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting printers is not a good idea.

Illustrator tries to connect to a printer when it opens a file or creates one. It is better when it finds a printer in this kind of moments. Otherwise it might act up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message, i wasn't aware of that fact. I saw on other threads that printers could be the problem. I added it again, but unfortunatly… :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care and have them take a look into your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MIBE,

We are sorry for the trouble. I checked you had contacted our technical support team, and the issue is not resolved yet for you. I like to inform you that many users in the past week have reported the same issue, and the only thing that resolved the issue is turning off GPU performance from the Illustrator preferences. Please check and confirm if it helps or not.

If it works for you, then please share the following information. It will help us investigate the issue further:

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, turning off GPU performance was the only thing that fixed it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines