Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not opening, after windows update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have one of the latest DELL Inspiron laptops.

I was working in an adobe illustrator file and I left for a few minutes. When I returned, Microsoft updates had highjacked my machine and doing its own thing.

after the updates were finished and my laptop restarted, I tried to open Illustrator again. it kept getting hung on initializing plug ins. I stopped it a few times with task manager, and still the same. I de-installed Illustrator 2018, and re-installed, the same thing. every time I try to open illustrator in stops trying to initialize plug ins.

I suspect some Microsoft update is seriously affecting my Illustrator. I also have Photoshop, absolutely no problems with Photoshop, opens ands saves fine. Creative cloud works fine too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, do look into my machine. how do we proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One warning note... Adobe does NOT use Skype, so of someone sends you a message claiming to be with Adobe and asking for your Skype address... it is a scammer

Use the link in the message from moagarwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John

I used the link in the message from moagarwa  but I received an email that my content was rejected by the moderators.

I need to use my Illustrator but it stops when trying to initialize plug ins.

Anywhere I can call and speak to a human being? I'm paying $31 a month for a service I cannot use.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I see that Illustrator says "Incompatible" and then, refers me to update to Windows 10, but I have windows 10, so it's unclear why the new release won't install or update on my pc. Please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to start a new post, everything on here realtes to 2017, I'm assuming you are trying to install v.26?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that! Yes, it was for v.26. I'm getting my Windows system updated since the version number is 1800s~. Hopefully, that will resolve it and if not, I'll create a new post. Thanks so much for your follow up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is resolved.

I had a great one hour and 38 minute help session with the very helpful and patient Darakshan Khan.

She managed to solve a very complex situation with multiple conflicts. Now my Adobe Illustator runs fast and with no glitches.

Thank you so much Darakshan

George Drivakos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same major problem. Only thing is that this is my only way to put bread on my table. I work with illustrator daily and it has stopped working since the wonderful update of Windows 10 that crashes my computer EVERYTIME. When I called twice microsoft (in French) the man who answered my called hung up on me when I said I could no longer print. I called back, he was extremely arrogant and told me that wasn't him I talked to (i was super polite) then he put me on hold and never came back to the phone. There is no way to report such employees as it is impossible to get the line and when you do they hang up on you. That being said, ILLUSTRATOR is crashing and I lost all of my files that I had just created after waiting 30 minutes for illustrator to open. Don't know what to do ????? Any phone number or place I can refer to ?

Thanks so much to anyone who has a suggestion.

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anniem43017350  schrieb

I have the same major problem. Only thing is that this is my only way to put bread on my table. I work with illustrator daily and it has stopped working since the wonderful update of Windows 10 that crashes my computer EVERYTIME.

Which version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud but I am sure windows 10 is the problem!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you can contact Customer Care, so someone can have a look at it. They can log into your system, we can't:

Contact Customer Care

You could also try and rebuild the preferences:

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you so much Monica!

Your client services is great!

Have a nice day!

Annie

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So rebuilding the preferences fixed it? That's good.

And thank you very much for your kind words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t tried it yet but just knowing someone is replying so quickly shows how professional they are )

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines