• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Not Responding/Crashing when trying to do anything in 3D effects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally selected way more files than meant, while distracted, when uploading downloaded substances into Illustrator.  This in turn caused the loading circle to appear and Illustrator to stop responding and close.  I tried reopening and it did the same thing.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the application, a few times, I can now get into and use Illustrator but it stops responding and crashes when I try to do anything in 3D effects (which I need).  I have deleted all dowladed susbstance files, and followed all crash issue resolve on the Adobe page up to using the cleaner tool to uninstall Illustrator and still no fix.  Would uninstalling the Creative Cloud altogether possibly work? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am new to the Adobe world and I am not a coder, programmer, or graphics designer by any means...full on newbie that is computer literate to an intermediate stage?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Hold Shift+Alt+Ctrl (PC) or Shift+Cmd+Ctrl+Opt (Mac) prior to the splash screen appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, yes this has been attempted to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines