• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not working as expected

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning to use Illustrator for a college class and am having a lot of trouble with it.

It keeps randomly crashing, the "bring forward"/"send backwards" options aren't working, and the gradient tool only works for some things, but not all. I'm sure there are other things I haven't found yet that don't work.

The crashing only seems to happen when I'm not directly on it; like I'm on chrome or Word, but still have it open.

The forward/backward don't work but the "send to Back" and "Bring to front" work.

The gradients I'm trying to do are radial and they don't show up on most things. I'm trying to do them colored through a tutorial with pictures of the menus and how it should look, but after putting the information in mine don't look anything like their design because the gradients don't do anything. "Inner glow" works, though.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated with this and worried about my grade. If anyone has any hints, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you use bring forward/backward? WIth shortcut keys? Does it work with the menu?

Are all your objects on the same layer? Or different layers?

About the gradients - please point out the objects that give you trouble. Select them and then open Window > Appearance and take a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines