• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator only showing shape outline when moving

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post here, sorry for the lack of detail in the title. 

I'm working on a project in Illustrator and everything was working normally before, but after about 3 minutes of working without the internet, Illustrator started acting up and I'm not sure how to fix it. Normally, when I'm trying to move a shape or object, it moves that shape or object; now, Illustrator is instead moving the outline of that shape/object while leaving the shape/object in its original location. Once I release the button, it moves the shape/object to wherever the outline is, but because of the way I'm trying to build the image, I need to see the object itself is aligning the way I want it to. When I go with the outline, it often has a slight skew to it when it's placed so it's inhibiting more than assisting right now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The image provided shows the object and what it looks like when I try to move it.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try swapping preview mode - ctrl-E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if GPU Preview is active, this will enable real Time Drawing and Editing (see also Preferences > Performance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah this was it. Not sure how it turned on, it says the keystroke is Ctrl + E but I never hit that, I was specifically using copy + Paste keystrokes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that in case the GPU preview is turned on, Illustrator sometimes may ignore the real time drawing while dragging objects and instead behaves as if real time drawing is turned off.

Depends on what objects you are going to drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines