• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator opens multiple apps when selecting several files in Explorer and hitting enter...

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I used to be able to select several ai files and hit enter and they all open IN ONE WINDOW. Now, I get several instances of Illustrator running, each with a single file. Please fix!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

OK so I tried to replicate the issue and no go. All good now. Weird. Not sure what I did for it to happen but when I now select several files and hit enter they all open in one instance of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using which system and version exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Todd_Morgan,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), as suggested by Monika so that we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK so I tried to replicate the issue and no go. All good now. Weird. Not sure what I did for it to happen but when I now select several files and hit enter they all open in one instance of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines