• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator package design is different when opened by another computer?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is probably a mistake I've made on my design however I created a design, in this design I used a mixture of the live paint bucket tool and paint brush to create silhouettes. The design looks fine and normal in my file but when I packaged the Illustrator file, compressed the folder to send it via email and sent to another designer, the design was missing the paint bucket fills and looked like it had been messily scribbled in. I've never sent an Illustrator file like this before so I may have made a mistake here but is there possibly something I've messed or done when exporting the file to a package that could of caused this effect? Also would it better to send the design as an EPS instead? 

Any help would be appericated, thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the other person need to edit the live paint? If not, it might be a good idea to expand it before sending. You never know the environment or what the other person might do to live objects.

EPS is not a good idea. Expanding the live paint will prevent it from changing.

Also: please report this as a bug. https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines