Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator pathfinder

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am applying pathfinder- minus front to cut out some shape. Then I notice the common border the shapes share are more bold/thick than rest lines/borders.

At first I thought am doing something wrong, Then I activated outline mode, zoomed 64000% and then I notice lines are not placed on each other accurately! Common lines are slightly away from each other and very tiny gaps are between lines.

pathfinder-minus front should place common lines above each other with 100% accuracy, right? and doesn't make the common lines bold/thick -that was my understanding. Or am wrong?

I dnt want this to happen. am worried what if it is visible if my client prints it?

Any solution?

Thank you.

1.jpg2.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your objects weren't lined up exactly before (or overlapping beyond the edge of the rear object), you might get a shape within a shape. What did your objects look like BEFORE you applied the minus front?.

As for stroke width, the rearmost object usually defines the fill and stroke of the resulting object.

In any case, you are getting duplicate strokes. Suggestion: once you do the minus front, immediately "hide" the resulting object (Cmd/CTRL-3) while its anchors ae still visible, and this will reveal where any errant duplicate line is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so angry that I delted the file. So I cant show you how it was before the operation. My bad. I am gonna follow your instructions.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And check the Pathfinder Options if precision is set to a small value like 0,001 pt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I am gonna check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines