• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator performance is tragic

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 11, Intel 13th gen, 128GB RAM, 3090 RTX, and Illustrator is underperforming. It runs very poorly, just performing a one-step zoom causes the app to become unresponsive, and editing text is very slow.

It ran better 20 years ago. I have no idea what the Illustrator team is doing, but this is far from ideal. I don't know, maybe it's time to abandon this. It's just too messy.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the situation with the HDs and where do you save your files? What kind of network are you using? Do you save locally or over the network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are all on solid state local hardware (network isn't involved). When using a less powerful old Mac I can zoom the fles in realtime np (so its not the file contence or my hardware setup). I guess its over to Adobe Illustrator team to run some QA I guess. In the meantime I'm slowly migrating to alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's in your files? And what are you doing with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector Art, I'm doing design layout (odd question).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thnk you very much. A bit more precision would be fine. Large images? A lot of effects? patterns with a lot of details? Freefonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suspect either a driver issue or some kind of hardware issue. I'm running Illustrator 28.1 on a Windows 11 PC that's a little older (11th Gen i7) and not quite as powerful (RTX 3070, 64GB of RAM) and Illustrator runs just fine currently.

Are the drivers of your graphics board up to date? Are you using the Game Ready Driver or Studio Driver? Does your computer have more than one solid state disc? If so, are the SSDs identical regardless if they're in a RAID style setup? I'm only asking because I had some "fun" adding a second SSD to my Alienware notebook.

Sometimes other applications that are running in the background to goof up things in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as him, it's a really large file, Illustrator doesn't crash but it takes up to 10-20 min to save or open files and I have the same specs PC with a 3090 and a 2TB M.2 drive. I'm setting up large print files but not much more i can put on the pc, can't understand why AI can't keep up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PD: all drivers up to date, illustrator up to date, and windows up to date as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines