• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Preferences opens a tiny window with cancel or ok

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Anyone has this problem? When I try opening preferences I get this tiny window with no access to the options. I'm running the latest Illustrator version 26.5 with Creative Cloud installed on a Macbook Pro 2017 with MacOS Monterrey 12.5.1

Thank you

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-14 a las 20.39.11.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Antonio5FC2,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try resetting the Display Resolution and Scaling under the System Preferences to default and relaunch Illustrator to check if it helps.

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav. Thank you for your anwer. The only thing that did the trick was using the MacBook Pro screen as the main one. If I use the external monitor as the main screen, preferences show up like in the screenshot attached. Restoring Illustrator preferences didn't help. This was not a problem in previous versions. I also updated MacOS to the lates version 12.6. Any ideas? Thank you

Illustrator preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Antonio5FC2,

Thanks for confirming that. Kindly try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from:
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP
  • Relaunch Illustrator

Also, try running Illustrator under the root user account and share your observations. Looking forward to your response.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Also using illustrator 25.6 and macos 12.5.1 on a macbook pro 2018. When opening the preference window on my (large) external monitor the window is tiny and can’t be resized; when moving illustrator to the macbook pro screen  it works. 
Best regards, Till.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines