• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator print preview is not displaying the preview properly. Any clue as to why?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to print a file, the print preview is not displaying the file properly. It is showing it smaller than it is actually printing out in relation to the size of the window. I left work one day and it was functioning properly. The next day it started printing weird.  How it is functioning now, I cannot leave the file as "do not scale" as I can't properly gauge who the printer will output. I've reinstalled the printer drivers as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator. Any ideas?

Casey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

I know this is another step, but it seems to work for me. Once you get to the print prview window after you have all your settings in place, click on setup again and then print again. You should see your preview window change to the actual size you are printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rob! I was having the same issue on my iMac 27" 5K Retina with an old Apple 30" Cinema HD display. I use the Cinema display as my main monitor, and I have had absolutely no issues until I "upgraded" to CC, then the print preview stopped working properly. I just dragged the dialog box over to the iMac monitor and it displays properly. Go figure. Thanks for the tip. Now if only Adobe will fix this bug....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Also when I move it to the Macbook Pro Retina Screen, preview is shown correctly, but my issue is, that it still prints the small preview from the Cinema Display. Also can't choose the media size in the drop down, as I am using A3+ and this is not existing there. Wish I'd not upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has some news on this ? - print preview is wrong on external screen, but when moving to internal mac it looks as it should ?. Has updated everything on my adobe CC to latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is another step, but it seems to work for me. Once you get to the print prview window after you have all your settings in place, click on setup again and then print again. You should see your preview window change to the actual size you are printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines