Illustrator problems with pathfinder

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Illustrator for a few days now.  I am trying to use pathfinder but it does nothing! I tried grouping items, ungrouping and it does not do it. It seems like it's frozen but it is not it just refuses to do a thing. Have any of you been experiencing this? How do I fix this? Illustrator is up to date.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen with previous versions?

are you on Mac or Pc ?

What are you trying except to achieve using pathfinder ? Can you please share a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osaran,

Just to make sure, are you selecting both/all objects/paths involved?

You could also try the Shape Builder Tool,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs5-tutorials/creating-complex-art-with-the-shape-builder-to...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a scrrenshot, so we can better help you. There are so many questions to ask about what you exactly have. Best to show us with itmes slected adn appearance panel up, We do not know what objects you have, if you are using the window or the effect, if you are in outlinbe or preview. So your chances of getting an answer are seriosly diminished without puttin more effort into your post.

Do a test on a new document, draw 2 rectangles that overlap, Selact both, then minus front.

If it works then there is somehting wrong in your docuemntnb adn te items are grouped.

If does tno work there is something wrong witn your install.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Pathfinder panel or Effects > Pathfinder?

In most of the cases you will need the panel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines