• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator- px to pdf conversion

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have had this issue come up a few times while working on projects like this. I was creating some billboard designs, all different sizes so I created 5-6 seperate documents all differnt px sizes.

When I am in illustrator, the files are working and I click on document setup and the px sizes & document sizes are correct. But then when I save it as a pdf, or jpg, the sizes are wrong. I think somehow they are getting distroted during the saving process?

HELP.

I have never had this happen and when I go to resize the files in photoshop they lose relsolution and look like poop. :') I really hope it isnt the laptop im working on...but could be. Someone let me know what you think. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

So they gave you the pixel dimensions?

In order to export those pixel dimensions, export at 72 ppi. And that's that. Don't zoom in after exporting the pixel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a billboard design which is going to be printed, px is not an appropriate measurement unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause Thank you for the input. It is not a billboard that is going to be printed. They are billbaords that shuffle through multiple deisgns at a time. So at a basketball game or a billboard your drive by that is rotating between ads. They sent me the file sizes required. I just can not get them to save appropriately from Illustrator. 😞 I tried to reduce the resolution which obviously makes them look not as good and that still didn't help with the size change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they gave you the pixel dimensions?

In order to export those pixel dimensions, export at 72 ppi. And that's that. Don't zoom in after exporting the pixel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I am gonna trust you haha. All they gave me were 6 different pixel dimensions so I will save as 72 dpi. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines