• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator "Type" window can only be docked to top or bottom panel

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can stupid product developer quit forcing your own habits to users?

Why everytime, Adobe updates, there gotta be some stupid updates that doesn't really improve the product, but forcing developer's own habit to users?

WHY the F that the "Type" window can only be docked to top or bottom panel?

I just could NOT figure it out why ???? This is sooooooooo STUPID!

Can't you see, when you dock the type window on top, it blocks the view on the canvas!!!!!

Like, seriesouly, whoever updated this, deserved "the worst product develop ever" award!!Congratualtions, like you should quit your job forever, and never work again. 

this is just so disgusting, i wanna throw up.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 6.51.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 6.51.18 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Hey, first of all: try to be kind when you post something here, even when you're frustrated because something doesn't work like you want, ok?

There are several solutions to your problem:

• You can still open the Character or Paragraph panel and place it anywhere you like: go to Window > Type > Character
  • By the way: the Control Panel you're referring to has always been on the position you're showing (top or bottom). But: since a few Illustrator versions, there's also the Properties panel that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, first of all: try to be kind when you post something here, even when you're frustrated because something doesn't work like you want, ok?

There are several solutions to your problem:

• You can still open the Character or Paragraph panel and place it anywhere you like: go to Window > Type > Character
  • By the way: the Control Panel you're referring to has always been on the position you're showing (top or bottom). But: since a few Illustrator versions, there's also the Properties panel that you can use instead: go to Window > Properties
  • If you've never seen this top bar before (the Control Bar), maybe you're in the wrong Workspace? You might want to use the Essentials workspace by going to Window > Workspace > Essentials. And then reset it, by going to Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials. Then open all the extra panels you like by going to the Window menu. 
  • So as you can see, there are multiple options to solve your problem. In fact, it seems plausible to me that the Illustrator team isn't causing your problem at all 😉

I hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was been stupid.

I aplogize to the developer who didn't do nothing, there goes "best developer award" to him/her/them. BTW, how do I delete this post? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha glad that helped, thanks for your sporty answer. I think the Illustrator team will be happy to get the Best Developer Award 😉

At the moment I can't delete this post, but probably it'll also help others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines