• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator resizes my Photoshop vectors - by a few pixels

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy/paste Photoshop paths into Illustrator and then copy/paste them back into Photoshop they have changed sizes - every single time.  The X axis dimension shrinks by a few pixels; the Y-axis dimension seems intact.  This happens even if I don't do any work on the vectors inside Illustrator.

Work flow:

1.  Create any path in Photoshop - can be simple or complex

2.  Copy that path to clipboard

3.  Open any Illustrator file; new or otherwise.

4.  Paste that path into Illustrator (problem occurs with Compound Shape or Compound path)

5.  Copy that Illustrator path from Illustrator to the clipboard

6.   Return to the original Photoshop file and paste the path back into Photoshop

(In the screen shot, the highlighted path is the one that was pasted back from Illustrator.  Both paths are aligned at the top LH corner. )

Needless to say, this is frustrating because I can't interoperate my vectors between the two programs. 

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere or is this a "feature"?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

I can replicate that behaviour, but it is off by a smaller amount than a pixel.

You may want to mention it in the Photoshop forum as well as here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 09.58.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a non-square pixel aspect ratio? Do you copy & paste at 100% size/ zoom? Any smart object stuff involved? What system? What versions of the programs? Some more info certainly would help. Also some screenshots with rulers and grids visible near the problem area might be useful.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Square pixel aspect ratio. Pixel aspect ratio correction turned off. 

Adobe Photoshop 2023, Release 24.1.0.  Illustrator 2023, Release 27.1.1.   Mac Pro 2019 with Monterey 12.6.2.   No smart objects involved. 

It looks just like @Ton Frederiks posted below. 

screen01.jpg

Thanks for suggesting that I display grids, because when I do that I can see that the so-called 1 inch grid doesn't happen to line up with the ruler either. 

screen02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate that behaviour, but it is off by a smaller amount than a pixel.

You may want to mention it in the Photoshop forum as well as here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 09.58.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines