• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator running very very slow on Mac 11.7.3

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator suddenly started to  run very slowly. I have created 1 terrabyte of free space on my iMac, and have restarted the computer. Nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any tips about this problem. It is impossible to do any work. Thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything you might have done that caused it? Like, installed anything? Working with huge files? Ssving to a network?

Please tell us your hardware configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @toymaker1,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html), and checking if it helps?
If the issue persists, kindly share some more information, like if Illustrator behaves this way when working on a particular file/tool/feature/workflow, the exact version of Illustrator,  System Configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory/Display Monitor), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav.
Thanks for your response. The article you posted seems to apply to Windows.
I am on an iMac. for example, to increase available memory, the article
says Choose Start > Control Panel . I don't know where "Start" is on a Mac.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @toymaker1,

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind clicking on the Tab for macOS in the help article to find the relevant options and checking if it helps?

AnubhavMajumder_0-1675770263891.png

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me! out of nowhere. The SOLUTION: 

I deactivated every adobe font (via the toggle switch in creative cloud window) and it worked immediately better after that. I hope this helps you!

PS: I found that Illustrator 27 is bad to begin with, downgrade to 26.5.3!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines