• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator's canvas gets stuck

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used illustrator the whole day without any problem. The last time I opened it, I think it got an update (to the v. 26.3.1) and then I started havening problems. In particular, I noticed that with the selection tool and the direct selection toold the canvas gets stuck: I cannot either move a point and/or an object or deselect by clicking outside the selection. However, the side panels keeps working and thus I am able to release the selection if I select another object directly from the layer panel. But when I get back to the canvas, it doesn't work any more. I have both closed the program and restarted the computer, but the problem hasn't been solved yet.

Any suggestion?

Operating system: Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think it's due to an update there is some bug you should revert back to the older version and wait for next update...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alberto22960407bf0g,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to @lambiloon suggestion, you may try resetting preferences.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

If you are using an external monitor(s) with a laptop, please check if unplugging them & then restarting the app and working on your device's primary screen resolves the issue or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines