• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator's screen is frozen

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Win. Update I tried opening my Illustrator to continue my work but when it opened it gave me a box saying that I must read and accept the Adobe General Terms of Use. However when I try to click "accept" it doesn't open the app nor let me exit it. (The screen is frozen to this box). I tried uninstall reinstall, printer pooler, and OOBE reset but all went to the drain and the app still frozen to this screen. 

PLEASE HELP ASAP. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Win. Update I tried opening my Illustrator to continue my work but when it opened it gave me a box saying that I must read and accept the Adobe General Terms of Use. However when I try to click "accept" it doesn't open the app nor let me exit it. (The screen is frozen to this box). I tried uninstall reinstall, printer pooler, and OOBE reset but all went to the drain and the app still frozen to this screen. 

PLEASE HELP ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Yoshi26665894qn7r,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/repeatedly-asked-to-accept-license-agree...) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav. 

I checked the link you attached and went through all the comments. Unfortunately, it's not related to my problem. Since it doesn't respond to me whenever I click "accept" nor "exit the application", it's frozen in place and the whole screen isn't (click able), thus I can't even click on the terms of use nor choose acceptance or exiting the app. 

So, what can I do when I NEED the app for a project that is due? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yoshi,

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind trying the following steps to check if it helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications
  2. Start the Creative Cloud app with Administrative privileges. 
    Right-click on its' icon and choose "Run as Administrator"

3. Sign out and sign back in
  4. Relaunch Illustrator as an Administrator (Right-click on Illustrator's icon and choose "Run as Administrator")

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Anubhav:) 

I went through all the steps you provided (also restarted my laptop to make sure everything is OK) and when I relaunched illustrator as administrator like you said, unfortunately..... the problem is still there and still that box isn’t clickable. 

Thank you for your patience and I wish you a great day/night. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking that, @Yoshi26665894qn7r. Would you mind checking if there is any Windows update pending? Also, would you mind confirming the OS & its built no. along with a screenshot of the error?

Also, would you mind checking if Creative Cloud apps are running under a new admin user account or not?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Anshul

Oh yes! My OS is Windows10 Home Vers. and the build num. is 19044.2130. 

Also, yes, I did check if there are any updates pending and found none. And the CC app is running with my account. (the SS is attached) 

Thank you so much for your reply and your help in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details and patience, @Yoshi26665894qn7r.  I'd recommend you connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly. 

If you have any problem connecting them or if they resolve the issue, then please let us know.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines