• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator says "Install Creative Cloud" after computer wakes from sleep mode

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since Version 26.3.1 where if you are working on a document, set your computer to sleep for any period of time and then return to wake your machine only to find that the libraries panel says "Install Creative Cloud". A restart of Illustrator will fix the problem, but only until you set your machine to sleep again. Version 26.4 now also has the same problem, so I am forced to use 26.2.1 again which happens to work perfectly.

I've actually spent more then an hour with Adobe Tech support trying to find a way to have both versions installed at the same time but they had no idea how to do that. Can anyone confirm they see the same issue when they set their computer to sleep? All other Software such as Photoshop / Premiere don't have this problem at all.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm afraid all I can confirm is that I do NOT seem to be experiencing this problem. I do have multiple versions installed on my computer, but the few times I've used sleep with the app running, it seemed to wake just fine. I wonder if you're putting your machine to sleep while in the middle of a cloud sync? Do you happen to have fast internet, where you are? 
Which OS are you using?
Since it's forcing you to restart the app every time, perhaps it may just make sense, until we figure this out, to just exit Illustrator before putting your machine to sleep? I know it's not ideal, but if you maybe provide some deeper information, we can work to troubleshoot this issue here?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi S_Gans

This specific issue only exists in newer versions then 26.3.1. I've never had a problem in years putting my PC to sleep at night, and in the morning resuming my work where I left off and everything working normally. Only after updating, now when you resume the libraries window says it needs to be installed. All other apps working as expected. I reported this problem back in May and I did actually receive a phone call from Adobe saying that they were able to replicate the issue and it would be fixed in a future version. Although I do not see it fixed yet in this version.

It doesn't make sense in my workflow to close and open my apps and all files every single night, the issue is clearly on Illustrators side - For now I am using 26.2.1 and it works perfectly as expected. You cannot install multiple versions of illustrator if they are on the same major version, so I can't have 26.4 and 26.2.1 at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MegaTorque-01,

Sorry to hear about this experience. We are unable to replicate this issue at our end. Would you mind trying the following steps to reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop application and sharing your observations:

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anubhav, I've recorded a sample of the problem you can see it on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT05ST4PE1o

You will notice that the libraries panel is not working after reboot/sleep awake but as soon as CCLibrary.exe is restarted, everything is OK. This problem doesn't happen in earlier versions or any other program from the CC suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines