Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator- Scroll Bars are Tiny and Hard to Move

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I started a new position and had to switch to a Mac computer. I have mainly used Microsoft when using my Adobe programs. 

I created a new document and noticed that the scroll bars are so tiny that they are hard to see and grab. I like to see where the scroll bars lie when I am zoomed in. It helps me get an idea of how far I am on the artboard/canvas. It is driving me kind of crazy. It doesn't seem to matter how big my artboard is or change in size when I zoomed in and out (which I remember it did change in size when I used AI on Microsoft). 

Is there a way to change the size of this? Is there something that I am doing wrong? 

And before you comment about "ways around it"... I already know that there is 🙂 I am specifically asking for this only. I personally feel having such a tiny dot amongst a long large scroll bar is a stupid design- (as I assume my comments will be "you can't change it"- Ugh!). 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Illustrator forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to those things in the scrollbars that you grab? That is their size. You zoom in or out and they do not get bigger.

I don't remember when was the last time I actually grabbed one of these things to scroll, so I would most probably be that person to tell you about workarounds. So I can't help you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scroll bars do not change size when you zoom in. (I'm on Windoze)

I don't know what the "tiny dot" you are referring to is.

This might help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/illustrator-document-navigation-techniques.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Kayla280696689gsz,

We understand that this feature is important to you and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines