Illustrator slow/lagging/freezes/crashes

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last couple of weeks Illustrator is almost unusable. I have the latest update, have tried different settings etc. and nothing works. Anything I try to do (ex.place a png) takes 17 minutes to finish (exagerated but not by much), or it freezes or it crashes and needs to close. I do not get any error codes, the only messages that "might" show is the above (error with preview or problem processing needs to close). I looked at my cpu usage while trying to just export a png and it was using every bit of my 16gig ram.  I have windows 10 with high gaming size graphics card so I know it isn't my computer. Anything else I do on the computer has no issues. Illustrator was working decently until these last 2 updates. I have not had any software/firmware/hardware changes on my computer other than Illustrator. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check if this information is helpful to you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did all of that before I posted. No other cause is possible except Illustrator itself and the latest updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your system to check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines