Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Slow performance while saving

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Since the last updates and with my honest opinion, Illustrator takes a innecesary time to save any documents, doesn't matter the size's document, and is a constant headahce.

I there was the hope with the new update, this problem, will be solved, but still persistent.

There is a way to fix it??

Please, if it's in your hands, fix it the more quikly you can.

Thk,

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support so they can log into your system.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1.  The exact version of Illustrator and the Operating System.
  2. Where exactly you are trying to save the document(Network Drive/ System Hard Drive/ Shared Folder on System /External Hard Drive)? 

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

1. The version of Illustrator I'm using is the last, to be more exactly, 24.0.1 (64 bits) and my S.O. is Windows 10 Pro 64 bits), besides, I have all updates of all my programs in order.

2. Until now I used to save my files in a Network Drive, but and I repeat again, with the versión 23, this kind of issue didn't exist and everything was fine. The problem, and I know that happens with others ussers, is with the last version.

I don't know why it happens but having to work like this is a full painhead.

I hope you can fix it soon.

Best regards,

J.R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joan for sharing additional information. Saving a file on a network drive can depend on many variables that may affect application performance. Having said that we can try to isolate if there is anything with the application itself causing slow performance. Could you please try resetting the preferences for Illustrator by following the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I have followed all your indications, step by step, and no changes. The problem continues.

As I said before, the issue has to be with the implementetion of the last update. All peopple I know who are working with Illustrator have the same problem when they are saving any file.

I give you thanks for your assistent, but I'am convinced, there have to be some wrong with the last version of Illustrator or with his update.

I hope you could fix it.

Best regards,

Joan Rigola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,

Please try to deselect the "Optimize File Open and Save Time on Slow Networks (Beta)" option in Illustrator Preferences and check if that helps. Do let us know your findings. I've attached a sample screenshot below for your reference: 

Screenshot_3.png

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the first change I did when I detect the problem and didn't works.

Best regards,

Joan Rigola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Any change with the issue??

Joan Rigola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking Create PDF Compatible File while saving helped in my case. Files now save in a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines