• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Smart Guides - Snap to Point

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Illustrator since version 1995, ver 5 (the real version 5), and have used all of the different major versions since. It seems that the snap to point feature while using smart guides will snap to anything except what I want it to. As an example, while using the pen tool, I used to be able to "touch" a point that I want to snap to, and the tool would remember that. Now, I will be directly on top of a path or point that I want to snap to, but the tool is giving a point somewhere else on the other side of the dartboard preference.

Seems like the developers at some point completely scrapped the older code for this feature and started over. It is no longer a reliable or useful tool, and most of the time, it is just an act of frustration.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps, (and maybe you already know): Smart Guides only key on objects that are in view. Sometimes zooming in helps reduce interference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gotta agree with John.  Try zooming in.  I do and it seems to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines