• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Stuck actions

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so for the longest time I've had this issue persistent on my Macbook which has prevented me from using Illustrator. Undo functions, select box functions, the text tool and probably other controls become delayed after prolonged use in an Illustrator session.

I'm on Mac OSX Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400). My Illustrator version is on 27.0.0. 

I've read other posts on this forum and have tried clearing the inside of my OOBE file in my Library, turning off dictation in my Mac keyboard preferences, resetting Illustrator preferences, reinstalling the app and turning of accelerated GPUy et the issue persists. 

I've attached an example below of what the problem looks like. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this also happen before Ventura?

Is your hardware compatible? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes unfortunately. I was using my Macbook on Catalina for the longest time and Illustrator worked fine until I was obliged to update to Monterey for an unrelated issue. This is when the issue started.  My hardware is also compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Asterr Studios,

Thanks for reaching out & sharing the detailed information on the issue you are facing. Would you mind trying the following steps:

• Close Illustrator & Creative Cloud app
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1668732281602.png

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so just as you said I closed any adobe apps, reset the preferences manually and renamed me CEP and UXP folders in my User and hidden libraries but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying the steps, @Asterr Studios. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines