• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator stuck loading will it save

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a piece all day and suddenly illustrator stopped responding and I'm stuck with a spinning rainbow wheel as my cursor. I'm not sure auto-save is turned on and I really can't afford to loose the progress I made today, is there anything I could do to get illustrator to respond again without risking the deletion of all my work? If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful for any input.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimberly what OS and AI verison are you on? Force quit any suspicious apps apps in task manager or Activiity monitor depending on what OS you are on. Click on finder in dock, and choose restart.

Is this a large file, has it saved int the past? Try escape. Copying all and pasting into a new document and save. Try removing the network cable from back incase you network is disrupting the save.

We need more info to be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you didn't save at all for one day? Never ever?

Perhaps it's just stuck for very few minutes. Try and shut down some other apps, maybe they are stuck. But if it's not back after 10 minutes then that's probably that.

Don't rely on auto-save. Ever. Even if it's turned on it might still fail (power outage can wreck havoc)

Save early. Save often. Save different versions. Make backup copies with a different name on a different volume.

If that is a Mac, turn on Time Machine.

Auto save is there for you if you want the last couple minutes back. But never more then that. And it m might still fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines