• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator switches stroke alignment every time I launch app

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do or how I save my file, every time I open a file the stroke alignment always gets switched to inside.

I know it's not a huge deal but it randomly started happening today and it is quite annoying.

I have tried to re-save the default file and none of the changes I save in the new document profile files have any effect on when I open a new document. I tried to have my swatches and font updated but none of it works and I would love a solution!

I included a screenshot of the stroke alignment every time I open Illustrator and I have to switch it back to Center Align every time. So weird. Also included a screenshot of the New Document Profile files I tried updating and saving to see if it had any effect, and it did not.

I uninstalled Illustrator and it still happens! Please help!

-DJ 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

There is no application based default setting. The settings are in the new document profiles. More spedifically: in their individual default graphic styles. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/create-custom-new-document-profile.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deej Woo,

I am afraid corrupt preferences can linger even when you uninstall and reinstall.

You can try either/both of the following:

1) Close down Illy (job description Adobe Illustrator) and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

2) Follow the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html ; before resetting you can save a backup as described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply @Jacob Bugge 

Option 2 mentions a folderthat is not showing inside of my file folder structure, the Adobe Illustrator Prefs folder. I have included a screenshot that helps see that the folder is not there.

I will try option 1 in a moment, you said it was irreversible, may I please ask what you mean by that?

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Deej Woo.

When you use option 1, you create new preferences and thereby replace the previous preferences, including possible customized settings. You can avoid that by saving the current preferences under a new name, as mentioned in option 2. If you have no customized settings there is nothing to worry about.

I misread your question to mean that it happens with every new document of any profile.

But since the issue only occurs with the Web profile, there is no need to consider preference corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This  happens when you make a new file based on the Web document profile.

You can either use a different document profile or change the web profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Monika Gause 

Is there no way to revert back to the original default setting for when I open a new document? 

When I open a Print document the settings are fine, curious how I can revert the Web profile so that the setting matches.

Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no application based default setting. The settings are in the new document profiles. More spedifically: in their individual default graphic styles. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/create-custom-new-document-profile.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines