Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator taking MUCH longer to save

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've just recently updated to Illustrator 26.4.1 and now when saving any file (small or larger files) it is taking a lot longer to save withthe message appearing "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" while saving.
I know this is because of the added variable font feature, but this extra time is really effecting my productivity.
Are there any options to turn this off, or any work arounds that will help save more quickly?

I am running on an iMac OS Catalina 10.15.7, latest version of Illustrator.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hello everyone,

I am writing to provide an update on the issue that you all have been experiencing with the "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" message error when saving files in Illustrator.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator (v27.3.1), as we have released this update in an effort to resolve the issue. If you continue to experience this error message after updating, please reach out to me directly so that we can help you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul. there is a solution to this issue?  this drive me crazy saving files, taking too much and wasting time. Apreciate your help

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, the attach has the exact msg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save the file without text. I'm a cartographer. This has been saving for 27hrs and counting and it's costing me money. I'm using the latest Illustrator CC on Windows 11 pro.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7940X CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080ti

Screenshot 2022-11-30 142718.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to contact Customer Care to have them look inside your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its now mid November and this is still an issue for me. Using AI 27.0.1 on Mac OSX 12.6.1 Monterey, seriously we work with hundreds of files for signage projects an this is driving everyone nuts, Affinity Designer is looking more and more attractive every day we encounter this. Tried all the suggestions mentioned here and none appear to work for us, variety of laptops, iMacs and mini all on same CC version and OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what happened with this issue?   I paid for a good software and every day take longer to save! People at Adobe: take a look at this issue and SOLVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Adobe can't wait to charge de credit card at the exact day BUT solve a problem thats affect a HUNDRED OF PEOPLE takes forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @marcs58321279 @Ale Olguin

We are sorry for the delay & inconvenience. The product team is still investigating the issue. This issue is not easily reproducible on our end. We are able to replicate with a couple of files shared earlier by some users. We need more files to check & system specifications.

Would you mind sharing the files here or via DM with me? It would be really helpful for us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it as correct to highlight and collect more files & system specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, a found a possible solution to this issue: Anyone try to save the file in 2020 format?  In my case, I have a 2019 file, open it, working on it, and then save, at this point appears the msj "Converting text objects with variable fonts and colored". at this point, I re-save the file with other name but with the "2020" version (the latest) and the msj dissapears. I continue to try this option, feel free of try and comment. @Anshul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I got the same problem here and pinned down the problem to a .PSD linked file. Here are the files I was working on: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EzunVNsvrOCUkeSn3Cfq6X5L4elqm4J3?usp=share_link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Felipe Horst,

Thank you for sharing your observation and providing access to the files you were working on. We appreciate your effort in pinpointing the issue to a linked .PSD file.

I'm glad to inform you that our upcoming release, v27.3, will include a fix for "converting text objects variable fonts and colored fonts to outlines." Additionally, I checked your files and was able to save them without this issue in v27.3.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

I am writing to provide an update on the issue that you all have been experiencing with the "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" message error when saving files in Illustrator.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator (v27.3.1), as we have released this update in an effort to resolve the issue. If you continue to experience this error message after updating, please reach out to me directly so that we can help you find a solution.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines