Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator to AutoCAD - misaligned points & shapes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am creating some patterns (in Illustrator) for a client who later uses them in AutoCAD to cut them out by some machine. The problem is that when I export it to .dwg, the files opened in AutoCAD are not acceptable for the client as the points/shapes are misaligned. Illustrator shows exactly the same coordinates for two points, but AutoCAD shows a slight gap between the shapes (see the attached image, and that's just one example).

Is there any way how to fix this?

Image showing the problem attached. Source files: https://mega.nz/file/EhIhSaQD#To9tBG7stqDkSZbV5l01nYnjVwHr5OpBAQnUoqyATqM

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What DPI settings? What dimension settings in ACAD? What scale? Simply sounds like this is messed up due to how AI always derives its measurments from actual DPI calculations and you are using differtent units on export/ import.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

sorry for my late answer. On the link below you can find "finished" file which was then exported from Ai to ACAD (there are still some issues). https://mega.nz/folder/t45kBbJC#OPyZK5GoEzivLoDsX6vhVg

I have ACAD (trial) but I used it only to check the problem that I mentioned. So I don't know what ACAD settings you are talking about, I simply open the exported .dwg and then check for the misaligned points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines