• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Top Menu Unresponsive

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a persistent issue where the top menu becomes unresponsive after a while time, despite working on a MacBook Pro equipped with 16GB RAM, holding an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, and having a stable 1GB broadband connection.

I use the 15" Macbook Pro powered by an Apple M2 Pro chip and run Sonoma 14.3. Navigating back using the Home button and starting a new artboard temporarily fixes the issue. This suggests a potentially isolated yet highly frustrating glitch.

Adobe's initial workaround, was for me to create a new Admin profile. I can't be switching profiles every two minutes.

This recurring problem forces me to rely on memorising shortcut keys, disrupting my productivity and workflow significantly.

Given that this issue seems not to be isolated (many users on another support community are also experuencing this), I'm seeking insights or alternative solutions from you.

Is this a recognised bug, or has anyone found a reliable method to restore full functionality to the top menu, particularly when options from the 'File' menu onwards cease to respond?

I'd appreciate any advice or experiences shared, aiming to navigate this challenge with minimal disruption to our graphic design projects.

Thanks, Rebecca

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a community forum. People answering here are 95% not staff.

If you want to complain, please use https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Several other people have reported several kinds of issues with Sonoma and Illustrator. Nobody has come to a universally working conclusion yet. It's not known whether this is Apple's or Adobe's fault.

I'm not using Sonoma yet and I clearly know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @RebeccaArt,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to manually reset Illustrator's preferences and checking if it helps:

• Close all Adobe applications.

• Go to the following locations

• ~/Library/Caches

• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

• ~/Library/Preferences

• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 28 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 28 Settings.old

• Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

user-library.png

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also save a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

If the problem persists, kindly share more details, like the exact version of Illustrator, details about any specific workflow when you encounter this issue, and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines