• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Update - freezes, loss of all quick commands, no selection, no de-selections

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Illustrator to 2022 this morning and Adobe has effectively killed my workflow altogether. I can't save anything, it seems like quick commands like space bar for the hand tool have disappeared, and even simple things like select and deselect have become frozen or unresponsive. Basically I can't use Illustrator. It's just unresponsive. Thanks you guys! Beautiful work. This is really worth $60 a month to have you destroy your customers ability to use your product for their livelihood with each update. 

I just cannot stress enough how disappointing each update from Adobe is. I swear, if Adobe had a competitor that had a better pricepoint I'd be gone in a heartbeat. I've been using your products for 15 years and once a year you just completely f**k my workflow. FIX IT NOW so we can all get back to work. PLEASE.

And before you ask "whats the specific issue? you're just complaining", I know. That's because I am so completely fed up I can't even focus. It's hard to be professional right now bc I'm a losing money bc I can't use the tools I pay for to do my job.

Here's what I want you do, just go open the updated Illustrator on a brand new mac and try to use it. Ok, see what's happening? Fix that. It's bullsh*t.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if it helps resolving the issues.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me aswell. Also I can't select the zoom tool with Space-Comand-Alt as I used two. Everytime I want to use this tools I have to preee the H ou the Z keys. Wasted time for me and loss of work flow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Space+Command is assigned to the Mac OS search tool (whatever the name of it is). You need to turn that off.

Also: Other apps tend to interfere with the keyboard input. Please reboot the computer and run only Illustrator. Nothing else. No browser or any keyboard enhancement or email or whatever. Screensharing or even antivirus are also known to mess with modifier keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just ranted to the Adobe Support COMMUNITY where the vaste majority here are end users, not Adobe employees...

Did you bother searching the community for a solution?

I'm not on a Mac but several people have posted here on this forum, that this has worked for them:

Create a new user on your Mac and install into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines