Illustrator v26 2022 is unusable, hangs, lags, stalls.

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest version and had to revert back to v25.4.1 because v26 is completely unusable. Takes forever to launch, then after launching everything hangs. Opening files, switching tools, selecting an object, absolutely anything, just all work causes the program to stall. I've also noticed it seems to reset explorer after every hang? 

I am totally updated on all drivers and OS updates.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried completely purging my preferences, nothing works. Previous version works flawlessly but v26 is completely broken.

My workstation specs are as follows:

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD Ryzen Threadripper

32GB RAM

RTX 3070 Ti 8GB

M2 C:drive at with 75% free space

1TB SSD used for cache

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on that update for a while...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There can be multiple factors(internals/external) affecting the performance of the app. I'd recommend trying the steps shared on this community post & let us know if they help improving the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is helping.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'know Ashutosh... We're working artists, not the I.T. department. In thirty years, I've never seen Adobe products fail so miserably. TIME IS MONEY - PLEASE stop treating the cloud like some kind of beta test and start lauching a complete functioning product again. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... if there can be "multiple factors(interals/external) affecting the pefromance of the app" Then that should tell you the update is not ready for release. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Keep crashing, screen redraw problem, lag, slow...!!!

Please fix those bugs ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with a very similar machine. I meet the requirements. Everything worked for years until the new CC 2022 updates and now--nothing. I love how Adobe always makes running their software my problem. Facing the same issues with Bridge, Photoshop and Idesign and who knows what else. There's 60 aps to check.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally doing my head in now - both Photoshop and Illustrator are borderline unusable. Keep clearing and restarting - really hindering my working day right now! Not impressed. Please fix!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same, even after an 26.01. update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues with the newest version of Illustrator have been infuriating. My width variables keep resenting on strokes. Line styles keep reverting to previous lines every time I create a stroke. When I have to take numerous other steps to change something that should only take one click ticks me off since I'm working against a deadline. And that's assuming Illustrator responds to the change that I want to make. I've worked with Adobe for numerous years and have never been so frustrated and pissed off than I am now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues with the newest version of Illustrator have been infuriating. My width variables keep resenting on strokes.

By @Karen22135063kq1j

You're not talking about calligraphic brush strokes, no?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. AI 2022 V26 on Windows. Crashes on exit which means it looses any saved preferences, recent docs etc. I also tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling but all that happened was I lost my workspace preferences. Since this appears to be quite an old issue - just wondered if there was a fix coming soon?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me! I finally updated my 2017 Macbook Pro after hanging onto Ai CS6 for so long (which I haven't had any issues with for years or even now). But I needed the OS update, and I had to sacrifice my perfectly good CS6 version and purchase the subscription for the new Illustrator and it is trash. It's taking me twice as long to work on projects and I do NOT have time for this. Y'all need to fix this or my subscription ends before the free trial is even over.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Adobe Support Community, we ain't y'all...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator 26.0.3 is still not fixed. Redraw or Pan on big drawing still unusable, hangs, lags, stalls.

I'm on v24.3

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  It is really slowing my work down. Im updated but here are ridiculous lags and constant restarts.Very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > Performance > Uncheck GPU Performance. 
Worked like a charm for me but this is only necessary if you have a slightly older GPU. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My system has a i9-10900K with 128 GB and a RTX 2060 SUPER. Checking or unchecking GPU Performance does nothing.

If you didn’t have a lot of “contain text” and “vector art” then illustrator operates ok. Once you have to many layer objects zoom in and panning will use 100% of one thread. After 30 to 60 sec illustrator will release CPU but not pan.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines