Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator v26 2022 is unusable, hangs, lags, stalls.

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest version and had to revert back to v25.4.1 because v26 is completely unusable. Takes forever to launch, then after launching everything hangs. Opening files, switching tools, selecting an object, absolutely anything, just all work causes the program to stall. I've also noticed it seems to reset explorer after every hang? 

I am totally updated on all drivers and OS updates.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried completely purging my preferences, nothing works. Previous version works flawlessly but v26 is completely broken.

My workstation specs are as follows:

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD Ryzen Threadripper

32GB RAM

RTX 3070 Ti 8GB

M2 C:drive at with 75% free space

1TB SSD used for cache

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on that update for a while...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There can be multiple factors(internals/external) affecting the performance of the app. I'd recommend trying the steps shared on this community post & let us know if they help improving the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is helping.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'know Ashutosh... We're working artists, not the I.T. department. In thirty years, I've never seen Adobe products fail so miserably. TIME IS MONEY - PLEASE stop treating the cloud like some kind of beta test and start lauching a complete functioning product again. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also... if there can be "multiple factors(interals/external) affecting the pefromance of the app" Then that should tell you the update is not ready for release. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Keep crashing, screen redraw problem, lag, slow...!!!

Please fix those bugs ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with a very similar machine. I meet the requirements. Everything worked for years until the new CC 2022 updates and now--nothing. I love how Adobe always makes running their software my problem. Facing the same issues with Bridge, Photoshop and Idesign and who knows what else. There's 60 aps to check.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally doing my head in now - both Photoshop and Illustrator are borderline unusable. Keep clearing and restarting - really hindering my working day right now! Not impressed. Please fix!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines