• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v26.5 Very Slow on MAC

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble working with Illustrator, it's extremely slow. I've always worked with several software open at the same time. But now I have to close all programs to be able to open Illustrator, and still, I face difficulties to move a shape or a group of shapes. It doesn't matter the size of the file. At all times I have to wait for the movement to be carried out. I'm going crazy.

Illustrator version 26.5

My setup:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Dear Mike,

I did everything you suggested, but nothing came of it. I installed version 25 and everything is normal now. Thank you for your willingness.

KEEP out of illustrator v26.5
o.O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this feeling as  have battled many times in past on my computers and my colleagues. Thankfully not as much recently. There were some data miners sitting in cookies but not as many so putting that suggestion last. Did you have any new OS or AI plugins or system changes?

Adobes list of reasons

OOBE RESET MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  2. The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. Option click on the GO in the mac finder to reveal the Library folder.
  3. /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  4. Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

PREFS  RESET (thorough) change 22 to version you have

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Illustrator 22 to Adobe Illustrator 22 old

In your browser go to privacy tab and clear browsing data and cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mike,

I did everything you suggested, but nothing came of it. I installed version 25 and everything is normal now. Thank you for your willingness.

KEEP out of illustrator v26.5
o.O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are you running? If you are running a very old version then this could happen. 26.5 works for  e. Always check the 

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DLM16B8,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to Mike's suggestion, would you mind trying the steps suggested in this helpX article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and let us know how it goes?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

It didn't. The way I managed to have peace in my heart was to use version 25 again. More stable and without bugs. I recommend it to everyone who has this lag problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines