• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator version 26.5 saving files 50 times larger than using Illustrator CC Legacy

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone here explain why Illustrator 26.5 has increased file save size by nearly 50 times (1.25 mb to 45mb)? I have two identical files with numerous linked images (via the cloud) and have unchecked create pdf compatible files so that it does not save the image data in the file to save space on file size. However with the 26.5 Illustrator update I just noticed my files have increased in size by 50 times. I am only able to get the smaller size I was getting before by saving in CC legacy.

I've double checked and both files are identical. Nothing has been lost or is not working properly after saving down. The only difference is using legacy vs the newest 2020 save version, so what is that Adobe added in this latest udpate that would warrant the file size becoming so much bigger? Is the create pdf compatible check box not functioning correctly in this newest update or is there a new feature or plugin for 26.5 that is making the files so much bigger?

Does anyone have any idea what is being included in the newest version file format to account for 50x increase in file size?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have perhaps the Include Linked Files checkbox checked in the save options?

Where do you save your files, local or as cloud .aic docs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both create PDF compatible file and include linked files is unchecked. I have embed ICC profiles and use compression checked. I save my files locally, but the files that are linked inside the files are saved on the cloud. 

They are two identical files, exact same settings, only difference is one is saved as Illustrator 2020 (compatible with Illsutrator 24 and above) and the other is saved as Illustratory CC (legacy) and the difference in files size is almost 50x. Something is definitely not right. I'm just not sure what Adobe added to 26.5 to warrant so much added file size.

I just tried tests with pdf file checked, included linked images checked, compression on and off in both file save versions. In all cases the 26.5 versions are much much larger in file size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it only a particular file? I cannot replicate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines